Monday, September 25, 2017

Heart and Mind Connection

When your mind understands the idea of what you should do, but your heart refuses to let the logic penetrate the walls of your personal safe space to force yourself to create change. Sometimes it's the opposite in your heart you know its the right thing to change and move on from yet your mind creates all these logical reasons to why not give up on burnt out matches although they have no life of their own left. It's a constant dilemma from different aspects, that are played out on a daily occurrence. Sometimes it's the feeling of my body that doesn't seem to contact other parts of the body, sometimes my central nervous system goes on strike, it's hard to not hate your body at that time.
There is also the constant back and forth over which connection do you rely on and when. I have found my heart usually has the deep gut feeling that overtakes logic at some points yet they are usually crucial and worth acting on. It doesn't make acting on them easy yet, in the long run, the more I muffle the voices between my heart and my mind the harder it is to make an impact in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment